FS Italian Railways Thailand (also referred to as “FS Thai”) is a company of the FS Italiane Group, one of the largest integrated rail & road players in the world composed of about 100 companies, working in 5 continents and in more than 60 countries.

FS Thai is a company owned by FS International at 99% and by FSTechnology (the company of FS Group providing IT & digital solutions) and GS Rail (the company of FS Group devoted to requalification and development of stations) for the remaining 1%.

FS Thai is devoted to export the broad know-how of the FS Group in Thailand and APAC, acting as a driving force for business expansion in the area, by offering integrated solutions on a wide array of mobility segments such as high-speed and conventional railway lines.

Nino Cingolani
Sole Director

High-Speed Rail Linking Three Airports

FS Thai will operate as subcontractor of EHSR (“Eastern High-Speed Rail Linking Three Airport” Consortium), for the delivery of Operation and Maintenance Services of the homonymous project which overall amounts around €6 billion

A Preliminary Service Agreement (PSA) has already been signed with EHSR on 22nd January 2021, involving the preparatory activities for the takeover of the Airport Rail Link in view of the final contract – the Operation & Maintenance Contract Agreement (OMCA) – for the operation and maintenance of whole project consisting in:

  • the existing 28,8 km Airport Rail Link (ARL) between Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Bangkok city centre by October 2021;
  • the new 220 km High-Speed line linking the three main Thai airports (Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and U-Tapao) by October 2026;
  • the new 22 km Airport Link Extension to Don Mueang Airport (ARLEX) by October 2027.

The initiative is aimed at exporting in the area FS Group knowledge and experiences with the contribution of the Group subsidiaries according to their respective technical areas of expertise.

The new high-speed line is part of the broader 2018-2038 infrastructure investment plan, estimated at a total of $45 billion, launched by the Thai government to transform the country into a future regional hub. 



Graphics: FS Italian Railways Thailand logo

142 Two Pacific Place 14th Fl. Suite 1406, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey

Bangkok

Thailand

info@fs-thai.com